These were recorded by my friend and fellow polymath Harvey Friedman, who has a unique piano style. Give your full attention to these when you listen to them. I’ll add the names and composers later, but it is best to approach these performances with fresh ears. The pieces are almost all old classics, but Harvey shows that there’s always room for fresh interpretations.
- Proof of work isn’t, but could be
- Acknowledge the Elephant (entry for AI Alignment Prize)
- A logical gap
- The persecution of Shellie Zimmerman
- Race and Crime in America
- Bayesianity: How Scientists Think About Evidence
- Double Drone Strikes
- NY Times: trials should be about racial history rather than the facts of the case
- Snowden isn’t important, what he leaked is.
- The Zero Tolerance War on Kindergarteners
- Good blogs I recently found
- Legal Tender laws
- Best quote on the Richwine case
LastJenny on When can the government ban a… PTT Sailer watch | p… on Occam’s Butterknife The Philosopher on Which majors are smartest… Floccina on Race and Crime in America Santoculto on A logical gap