The first picture shows lots of kids dressed as shepherds, angels, Kings, etc., who came up around the altar during the homily. The pastor was interrupted by a call on his cell phone from the Angel Gabriel (he does this every year at the Children’s Christmas mass; there were also kids in the choir loft as you can see in the other picture). This is a very attractive church with a great stained-glass window, organ, and crucifix, and it has a rectory, convent, elementary school, and cemetery on the same property. The best thing about it is the pastor, who is both a great priest and an excellent executive. He runs everything very smoothly and the parish has lots of good programs and ministries.
- Proof of work isn’t, but could be
- Acknowledge the Elephant (entry for AI Alignment Prize)
- A logical gap
- The persecution of Shellie Zimmerman
- Race and Crime in America
- Bayesianity: How Scientists Think About Evidence
- Double Drone Strikes
- NY Times: trials should be about racial history rather than the facts of the case
- Snowden isn’t important, what he leaked is.
- The Zero Tolerance War on Kindergarteners
- Good blogs I recently found
- Legal Tender laws
- Best quote on the Richwine case
LastJenny on When can the government ban a… PTT Sailer watch | p… on Occam’s Butterknife The Philosopher on Which majors are smartest… Floccina on Race and Crime in America Santoculto on A logical gap