The article from the NY Times that Ann Althouse savagely deconstructs here is a perfect example of the utter corruption of journalism (not that it was ever a paragon of objectivity and fairness, but this article is from the most prestigious journalistic medium of all and is so completely wrong that it’s actually evil, as Althouse demonstrates (some of the comments are also very good)).
- Proof of work isn’t, but could be
- Acknowledge the Elephant (entry for AI Alignment Prize)
- A logical gap
- The persecution of Shellie Zimmerman
- Race and Crime in America
- Bayesianity: How Scientists Think About Evidence
- Double Drone Strikes
- NY Times: trials should be about racial history rather than the facts of the case
- Snowden isn’t important, what he leaked is.
- The Zero Tolerance War on Kindergarteners
- Good blogs I recently found
- Legal Tender laws
- Best quote on the Richwine case
paul on Proof of work isn’t, but… Elizabeth P on Occam’s Butterknife LastJenny on When can the government ban a… PTT Sailer watch | p… on Occam’s Butterknife The Philosopher on Which majors are smartest…